If you are unable to get proper sleep at night (insomnia), you should try some of these habits:
- Sprinkle just-washed sheets and pillowcases with lavender water. The scent has been shown in studies to promote relaxation, which can lead to better sleep.
- Buy a new pillow. Studies show that pillows with an indent in the center can enhance sleep quality and reduce neck pain. Also, try a “cool” pillow — one containing either all-natural fibers or a combination of sodium sulfate and ceramic fibers that help keeps your head cool.
- Eat a handful of walnuts before bed. You’ll be giving yourself a boost of fiber and essential fatty acids along with the amino acid tryptophan — a natural sleep-inducer.
- Also having a bath with cold water before going to bed is advisable.
- Avoid having caffeine for two to three hours before going to bed, instead have a glass of warm milk.
- If still you do not get a proper sleep for a week, it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.