Traditionally, a birthstone is associated with each month of the year. Diamond is the birthstone for the month of April.
The Gregorian calendar has poems matching each month with its birthstone. The poem for Diamond is :
“She who from April dates her years,
Diamonds shall wear, lest bitter tears
For vain repentance flow; this stone,
Emblem of innocence, is known.”
Diamond is the hardest known natural material where hardness is defined as resistance to scratching and is graded between 1 (softest) and 10 (hardest). Diamond hardness depends on its purity, crystalline perfection and orientation
Easy ways to make your perfume last longer
- Apply perfume right after shower, before getting dressed
- Moisturize your skin
- Apply perfume to pulse points – Below the ear lobe, on temples, and at the base of the throat
You can dab your fingers in the perfume and apply it to the pulse points but do not rub your wrists together with perfume on it.
- Choose perfumes which have strong base notes
- Spray it on your Hairbrush too
- Apply fragrances according to seasons
In winters, strong and powerful fragrances are recommended while in summers, mild fragrances with aromas of citrus, fresh herbs and flowers are recommended.
Layering means applying different products of the same fragrance to sustain the fragrance throughout the day. Can use a combination of shower gel or moisturizer or a body talc with the perfume.
If you are unable to get proper sleep at night (insomnia), you should try some of these habits:
- Sprinkle just-washed sheets and pillowcases with lavender water. The scent has been shown in studies to promote relaxation, which can lead to better sleep.
- Buy a new pillow. Studies show that pillows with an indent in the center can enhance sleep quality and reduce neck pain. Also, try a “cool” pillow — one containing either all-natural fibers or a combination of sodium sulfate and ceramic fibers that help keeps your head cool.
- Eat a handful of walnuts before bed. You’ll be giving yourself a boost of fiber and essential fatty acids along with the amino acid tryptophan — a natural sleep-inducer.
- Also having a bath with cold water before going to bed is advisable.
- Avoid having caffeine for two to three hours before going to bed, instead have a glass of warm milk.
- If still you do not get a proper sleep for a week, it is advisable to consult a doctor immediately.