Gobi Manchurian (Gravy)
Gobi Manchurian is one of the favorite delicacy of all the Chinese food lovers. It can be made as a gravy or a dry snack.
Here’s the recipe for Gobi Manchurian as a gravy:
- 1 medium clean cauliflower cut into big pieces
- 1 small bunch spring onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- Soya Sauce as to taste
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 dry red chillies
- 3 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp milk
How to prepare:
Boil the cauliflower pieces for 3-4 minutes in plenty of water after adding a tbsp. of milk to it.
Drain and pat dry on a clean cloth.
Make thin batter of ¼ cup plain flour & 2 tbsp.cornflour,& add 1/4 tsp. each of ginger & garlic paste & ¼ tsp. of red chilli powder and salt to taste.
Dip the pieces of cauliflower in the batter one by one & deep fry in hot oil & keep them aside.
In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger-garlic paste & crushed red chilli & fry for a minute & add the salt & spring onions to it.
Stir fry for a minute & add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
Add 1 tbsp. cornflour to 1/4 cup water and mix it well.
Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling.
Boil till the gravy becomes transparent.
Add the pieces of cauliflower and soya sauce.
Boil for two more minutes.
Serve hot with noodles or rice.
A mouth watering combination of rice with fresh green onions and
Rice treat: Khumb Pulao
Cooking time: 14 mins.
Preparation time: 10 mins
1 cup long grained rice
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
4 spring onions
12 mm. (1/2″) piece cinnamon
2 green cardamoms
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon cumin (jeera) powder
2 tablespoons oil
Salt to taste
1. Clean and wash the rice. Soak in warm water for about 10 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
2. Chop the spring onion whites and the green separately. Keep aside.
3. Combine the oil, spring onion whites, cloves, cinnamon, cardamoms and bay leaf in a glass bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and microwave on HIGH for 1 more minute.
5. Add the rice, mix well and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
6. Add 2 cups of hot water to the rice mixture along with the spring onion greens and salt and mix well. Microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes, stirring twice in between after every 4 minutes.
7. Serve hot.
• 2 Cups Curd
• 1 Cup Milk
• 4 Bananas
• 1 Pineapple
• 2 Apples
• 1 Mango
• 1 Cup Pomegranate Seeds
• 1 Cup Dry Fruits
• Sugar to Taste
• Beat curd.
• Cut all fruits in small cubes and add to the curd.
• Mix milk and sugar.
• Add dry fruits.
• Garnish the fruit raita with pomegranate seeds & serve.